I wanted to do a little something different in this article. Rather than my writing about why something couldn’t have possibly worked in the storyline, or how ridiculous something was in the storyline, I’m swinging the door open for people to submit HOW they believe it could be plausible in the storyline. I will present an idiotic repeating aspect of the storyline, and the challenge is to share the MOST PLAUSIBLE explanation. That means, no responses like “Who cares? It’s a comic book.” (since the goal of Nolan’s vision was full realism).
In the storyline (which seems to have taken place within the estimated span of 2-4 weeks), The Joker seems to be able to get mass volumes of explosives seemingly wherever he wanted them. Literally hundreds of metal barrels filled with a liquid explosive of some kind and who knows what else (enough to blow up large buildings) in:
2 buildings (seemed like warehouses)
2 large boats
A major metropolitan hospital
- Where could he BUY such large amounts of explosives from, considering Homeland Security?
- How does he get such mass volumes of explosives into the buildings without anyone noticing? Especially the hospital? Considering he would need large trucks, dollies, drivers, and various henchmen to move it all in, and even more people and time to hook the explosives up to detonate in sync?
- How could he replenish his henchmen so easily and regularly considering that he killed so many of them? How does he generate and maintain loyalty, and how does he reward that loyalty?
- If he burned mountains of money and didn’t care about having very much, how did he pay his henchmen? Did they just work for free?
- How did he do all this and still be able to be multiple steps ahead of his opponents?
Responses have to be PLAUSIBLE, believable, and reality-based.